|Destination:||Wallow yourself into an adventurous and divine trip with a sojourn in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. Besides the Ganga River, Rishikesh is situated in the foothill of the Himalayas. It is also known as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’. The holy city is 25 km away from Haridwar and 43 km from Dehradun. Many tourists from far-off places come to experience the Ganga aarti and enjoy the river rafting adventure.|
|Climatic Conditions:||The amazing weather in Rishikesh makes it a destination that can be visited any time of the year. The temperature ranges between 10C to 30C. October and November are pleasant, except in December to February when the temperature goes around 8C.|
|Duration:||2 nights 3 days|
|Travel Date:||04-11-2016 to 06-11-2016|
|Meeting Time:||12: 30 pm – 1 pm|
|How to reach?||The most convenient option to reach Haridwar is through the train. There are many trains for Haridwar, so, book a ticket from Delhi to Haridwar that reaches before the meeting time.|
- A Risk Certificate document has to be signed before the trek.
- There is no policy for transfer of booking.
- Try to keep baggage light weight with necessary items to carry it without any hassle.
- Any extra expenditure due to natural calamity including landslide, during the trip, will be chargeable.
Haridwar railway station to campsite
After assembling at the Haridwar railway station by 1 pm, we will leave for the campsite, which is a two-and-
a-half hour away. The camp will be set in the middle of a jungle. The pleasant weather will make you go awe of the place. On arrival at the camp, there will be a camp briefing and allotment of tents. Thereafter, snacks will be served. You can take a stroll at the nearby areas and enjoy the greenery. Later in the evening, a
bonfire session will be organised along with dinner.
River rafting and Aarti
It’s time to finally experience an ecstatic moment of your life today. You will be served morning meal along with tea/coffee. We will leave for the rafting point, 15 minutes away. After attending a safety briefing session, get into your rafting gear. As we get into the boat, it’s time to encounter some thrilling rapids including Golf Course, Three Blind Mice, Crossfire, Roller Coaster, Bodysurfing, Return to Sender, and a lot more. The rafting will end at Laxman Jhula, which is the end point of every rafting session.
Later, we will leave for lunch. You will be served with the sumptuous meal at a resort with a beautiful mountain view. Refresh yourself quickly as we will leave for Rishikesh to attend the Aarti, which is done before sunset, at Ram Jhula. Standing amid the crowd of thousands of people, aarti is an invigorating and enchanting experience. People forget their qualms and sway to the holy spirits. Later, we will take 45 minutes drive back to the camp and enjoy dinner with a bonfire and other activities.
Rafting at Kaudiyala
Post breakfast around 8:30, we will drive to Kaudiyala (30 minutes away). Here, we will board rafts to take a ride down to two big rapids in this section: The Daniel’s Dip and The Wall. While into the white water, you can jump in the river and feel the pleasure of being surrounded by water underneath the blue. After relishing the amazing rafting encounter, we will head back to camp as it’s time to leave for home. We will leave around 2 pm for Haridwar railway station and reach there by 5 pm so that you can grab connecting trains to your home.
NOTE: As this will be a camping trip in the middle of a jungle, it will be low on the luxury side but surely great in terms of adventure.
- Twin sharing accommodation
- Waterproof tents
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), tea, coffee, and snacks at the campsite
- Assistance post arrival at the base station
- Transportation expense of taxi from reception to departure
- Driver allowance, toll charges and other taxes
- Professional tour guide and supporting staff
- Basic first aid kit
- Cook with supporting staff
- Accommodation, traveling expense or meals before arrival at the meeting point during the beginning of the trip and post departur
- Any personal expense
- Anything apart from mentioned in the “Package Inclusions” will be payable
Things to pack:
- Wool sweater
- Super dry clothes for rafting
- Midway munchies like chocolates, dry cakes, biscuits, energy bars, and dry fruits
- Medicine kit
- Waterproof jacket
- Lip balm, cream and sunscreen lotion
- Waterproof bag
- Sun cap
- Mosquito repellent
- 1 L water bottle (thermal)
- Torch with extra batteries
- Portable charger for mobile
- Toilet kit and paper
- Books/Bluetooth speakers/Camera
- Extra plastic bags for wet clothes
- Keep the area clean