|Destination:||Experience the picturesque magnificence of the Himalayan ranges by opting for an expedition to the Indrahar Pass, a mountain pass located in the Dhauladhar Ranges of the Himalayas. Leveled as moderately difficult, the pass is situated at an altitude of 4,350m. The Indrahar Pass lies between Chamba and Kangra region. Besides, one can even enjoy the views of sacred peak of Mani Mahesh Kailash and the snow-covered Pir Panjal Range to the north, while to the south you can see the amazing Indian plains till the far horizon. However, it can be taxing for the debut trekkers.|
|Climatic Conditions:||During May – June, the temperature ranges from 12C to 20C in morning and -2C to 5C at night. In September – October, days are warm (8C to 16C) and nights are cold with temperature between -5C to 5C.|
|Duration:||3 nights 4 days|
|Travel Date:||16-08-2016 to 20-08-2016|
|Meeting Time:||9 am|
|Base Station:||Mcleodganj, a suburb of Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh
- A Risk Certificate document has to be signed before the trek.
- There is no policy for transfer of booking.
- Try to keep baggage light weight with necessary items to carry it without any hassle.
- Any extra expenditure due to natural calamity including landslide, during the trip, will be chargeable.
Mcleodganj to Triund
The distance between Mcleodganj to Triund is nine kilometers; hence, it will take around six hours to reach our destination. We will commence our journey at 9 am and intend to reach Triund top by late afternoon. Don’t worry about food as there are plenty of snack shops on the way. Besides, it’s a famous trek for people living in nearby areas.
Triund to Lahesh Cave/ Laka Got
After having breakfast, we will quickly commence our four-hour expedition. We have to reach Lahesh Caves by afternoon as after that the weather and landscape gets little risky. Lahesh Caves is a simple camping site. The cave has been formed by a gap between two huge rocks. On our way, we will cross Laka Got. For the night, we will camp inside the caves in case there is no space available outside.
Lahesh Caves to Indrahar Pass and back to Laka Got
The day can turn out to be strenuous as it is an abrupt climb. Besides, it can be tough if the weather turns worse. We will leave for Indrahar Pass in the morning. The view from the top of the pass is spectacular. You can also see various other mountain ranges. After spending some time there, we will head straight to Laka Got and rest there. The trekking for the day will take almost seven hours.
Laka Got to Mcleodganj
It’s time to return to our daily routine with beautiful memories of the trek. It will take four hours to reach Mcleodganj. We will begin in the morning taking the same route to Triund. It will be the same way through which we had reached the spot. Hiking down will be easier and quick. We will reach Mcleodganj by afternoon.
- Twin sharing accommodation
- Waterproof tents
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), tea, coffee and snacks at the campsite
- Assistance post arrival at the base station
- Inner line permits to restricted/protected areas
- Transportation expense of taxi from reception to departure
- Driver allowance, toll charges and other taxes
- Professional tour guide and supporting staff
- Basic first aid kit
- Cook with supporting staff
- Accommodation, traveling expense or meals before arrival at the base station during the beginning of the trip and post departure
- Any personal expense
- Porter service for personal luggage is chargeable. The cost ranges between Rs 300 – 500 per bag each day (prices vary due to local charges)
- Anything apart from mentioned in the “Package Inclusions” will be payable
Things to pack:
- Woolen jacket, gloves and cap
- Woolen socks (2 pairs) and Cotton Socks (2 pairs)
- Thermal innerwear
- Walking stick
- Midway munchies like chocolates, dry cakes, biscuits, energy bars, and dry fruits
- Medicine kit
- Waterproof jacket
- Trekking pants and jeans
- Lip balm, cream and sunscreen lotion
- Waterproof bag
- Light weight and comfortable trekking shoes with a good grip
- Sun cap
- 1 L water bottle (thermal)
- Torch with extra batteries
- Portable charger for mobile
- Toilet kit and paper
- Books/Bluetooth speakers/Camera
- Extra bag for used clothes